Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject: Queuing?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:52 am 

Hi

I'm looking to implement a queue system.

Now.. I've got my music tracks and a loop. The music is played for 30s, then a "Please continue to hold", the timetracker var has another 30 seconds added and the music continues playing.

What I need to do is *while* the music is playing, check for a flag in my DB say every 5 - 10 seconds - without the music being disturbed. When the flag is set the music is interrupted and the process follows a different route.

Is there a way to do this? - So far my attempt was to every 5s break do a mysql check and then continue - thinking that mysql would be fast enough to do this without breaking the music - result: Broken music!

So.. can this be done?

Post subject: Re: Queuing?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:14 am 

Unfortunately, what you have done is mostly all you can do. That said, we have done something similar in the past and the breaks were hardly noticeable. The trick is to find the right place to make the breaks, and to make sure the logic between the breaks is a fast as possible. Keep in mind, if you are testing on TFSimulator, logic steps (those that don't play/interact with the caller) don't run quite as fast in simulation as they do live (under TeleFlow Server), because it is slowed by virtue of the updates to the GUI.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General