Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:33 am 

Hi, <br> <br>I would like to know if teleflow can detect a disconnected number, and also if it can detect an answering machine like the voice guide from katalina technologies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:29 am 

It would depend on what the Telco provides back for a disconnected number. Assuming there is an SIT or BUSY signal when you call a disconnected number, the Place Call step would follow the Busy step's path. Do you need to differentiate between an SIT and a BUSY? <br> <br>As for answering machine detectiong: The Place Call step can provide you with the length of the initial voice when someone answers the phone. You can then use this to 'guess' whether the answering party is a live person, or an answering machine. (A live person will usually say "Hello" which takes only a second or two. An answering machine message tends to be longer: "Hello, we are currently unavailable. Please leave ...etc", and so takes 3 or more seconds.) If you put a TeleFlow variable into the "Variable to receive initial voice length" field of the place call step, you can then compare that variable to a length you determine to be appropriate for a real person answering, or an answering machine answering, and decide whether or not to continue the call. (or how to handle the call...)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:52 am 

I encountered the same problem. That is the problem with the answering machine. I tried what is sugested here. I've put a tf variable in the "Variable to receive initial voice length" doing this the application will hang!!!! In the tf-monitor the proces is shown with a red dot and the call now fails completely. <br>The name of the variable I used is "@Length" but that (I think) shouldn't matter. <br>I tried to allocate it as an variable first. Also tried to do this as an global. Both tries with the same result. A nicely collored red dot in the monitor wihtout a call. <br> <br>Any sugestions? Thanx in advance, Rudi

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:20 am 

Please do following: <br> <br>Run your test again. When the application hangs, right-click the line with the red dot on the monitor. Select the "Show Messages" option. Highlight all of the log output text, press Ctrl-C to copy the text. Paste the text into an email, and send the email to support@engenic.com. Make the subject line: "DEVNET: Does teleflow detect answering machine, disconnect". <br> <br>We will respond with more information based on that log here.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General