Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:30 pm 

Our IVR application will need to support English, Spanish, and very soon, French. I understand the 'Set Language' step, but this only changes the Prompts, ie, how 12 or 'twelve' gets created/spoken. <br> <br>How do I point to a different 'scripts' directory where the equivalent voice script files are. <br> <br>For example: Our welcome script might say something like, "Welcome to our IVR system" and I name the file welcome.wav. I bring in a Spanish speaking person who translates this and I record it to another file of the same name, ie, 'welcome.wav' but store it in VOX\SPN\SCRIPTS. What I desire is for the user to select Spanish, I then use the 'Set Language' step and set it to Spanish and all Prompts and Scripts come from this subdirectory. Spanish.DLL handles using 'uno.wav' for 'One' and the \VOX\SPN\Scripts\Welcome.wav handles the greeting in Spanish. I tried putting in my exact path in Set Language for different prompts, but the scripts still come from VOX\ENG\SCRIPTS. <br> <br>Is there currently a way to choose the language I'm missing? <br> <br>Thank you in advance. <br> <br>Brent

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:58 pm 

When you determine which language to play, simply set a global variable, such as @LANG, to "ENG" (for English), "SPN" (Spanish), or "FRN" (French). Then, in the voice script manager, make sure that each telephony script entry is set up appropriately. (So, it would likely be Vox\@LANG\Scripts) TeleFlow will parse the variable at runtime. If you also set it up this way in the Simulator directory, it will affect where scripts are played from when using the TeleFlow Simulator, which may or may not be desirable. <br> <br>For a quick change of the telephony field for all scripts, in the Voice Script Manager, go to Search >> Replace >> Type "\Eng\" in the Search For box >> Type "\@LANG\" in the Replace With box >> Check the "In Telephony recording fields" check box >> uncheck "In scripts and notes" >> click "Replace".

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:30 pm 

Outstanding! Much appreciated. As our Spanish prompts would say, "Gracias por usar la sistema de Engenic. Adios." <br> <br>Thank you for the prompt reply. <br> <br>Brent

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General