Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:22 am 

One of our IVR servers went down this week. However, we were able to save the hard drive so we copied the exact same application over to a different IVR server, which is already running a few Teleflow applications. When testing the application everything works fine except the app errors out anytime you attempt to record a message. <br> <br>Both servers are using Dialogic cards. <br> <br>When running the application in simulation modes here is the error message we receive: <br> <br>Jun 03 08:36:13.28: [74] Record <br>Jun 03 08:36:13.28: Recording '\\accleo\e$\IVRRecruitRecordings\5284.VOX' <br>Jun 03 08:36:13.62: mciSendCommand MCI_RECORD failed: 322 <br>Jun 03 08:36:13.62: All wave devices that can record files in the current format are in use. Wait until a wave device is free, and then try again. <br>Jun 03 08:36:13.62: FAILURE <br> <br> <br>When calling in through the phone here is the error message we receive: <br> <br>Jun 03 09:01:24.28: [74] Record <br>Jun 03 09:01:24.28: Recording '\\accleo\e$\IVRRecruitRecordings\5285.VOX' <br>Jun 03 09:01:24.28: Call Status (lps0) <br>Jun 03 09:01:24.28: ATDX_HOOKST (5) <br>Jun 03 09:01:24.30: ERROR: Record failed <br> <br> <br>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:51 am 

Although the error doesn't indicate this to be a problem, it seems like a good place to start: <br> <br>1) Go to a command prompt. <br>2) Type "dir \\accleo\e$\IVRRecruitRecordings" and press "enter" <br> <br>Does it find the directoy? If not, fix that, and see if the situation gets any better. <br> <br>Does the file 5285.VOX already exist? If so, is it a read only file?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:58 am 

Yes, it can find the directory. The file is created but is only 1kb in size. <br> <br>We also tried saving the file directly to the C drive and still had the same problem. <br> <br>The new server this is being placed on is currently using Lumenvox Speech Recognition and Speechify Text-to-Speech for a different IVR application. That is the only major difference that we have come across between the two servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:26 am 
Site Admin

I am guessing your new IVR server is running NMS hardware. If this is correct, NMS cannot record .VOX files, as this is a Dialogic format. What you need to do is change your Record steps so they record .WAV files.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:29 am 

We tried changing to .WAV but didn't have any luck with that either. <br> <br>Any other suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:48 am 
Site Admin

Sorry, I missed where you said both servers were Dialogic. On Dialogic hardware, VOX and only VOX is supported for record and playback. <br> <br>Note that on the step properties for the Record step, you have to change not only the file extension, but also the "Voice type" radio button. Make sure they are both set to VOX.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:54 am 

Yes, the VOX option is selected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:08 am 

Tim / Chris, any updates on this? Bryan and I are being asked by our customer to provide an update on when this will be resolved. <br> <br>A few more pieces of information: <br> <br>The same application works fine in our test environment which has the same version of TeleFlow, the Speech Recognition and Text to Speech environments. We only test using the simulator though. No voice card is installed in our test environment. <br> <br>In our production environment, the application breaks during a live phone call and using the simulation. <br> <br>Please let us know if there is any additional information that you need from us to continue research. <br> <br>-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:12 am 
Site Admin

We're working on this for you today. Please answer the following questions: <br>On the "new server": <br>1. What version of Dialogic SW? <br>2. What Dialogic HW? <br>3. This "different IVR application", is it a TeleFlow application, or another program? <br>4. Can you please send the entire .log file with the Dialogic record error to support@engenic.com?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:20 am 

1. Release SR5.1, Version DNA5, Build 26, Service Pack None <br> <br>2. We have two cards installed a 4 port and a 12 port. D/41JCT-LS and D/120JCT-LS. <br> <br>3. Not sure what you are asking. We have several applications running on this IVR. This is the only one with the recording problem though. <br> <br>4. I'll check with Bryan to see if a log file is available from an actual live call. I believe he posted a portion of the log file from a simulated call in our production environment. We've since taken the record functionality out of our production environment until this problem is remedied so it may be difficult for us to generate another log. I'll see what we can do. <br> <br>-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:35 am 
Site Admin

That version of the Dialogic software should work fine. <br>I'd like to see if you can record on the D/41JCT, as the log snippit you supplied is on the D/120JCT. Could be nothing, but something to check. <br> <br>Re #3, this is most important. We need to know if TeleFlow is the only application accessing the Dialogic cards, or if there is another application using them. This could cause problems and conflicts.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:54 am 

Since this is a production box, it will be difficult to do much testing during business hours. We may be able to run some tests such as trying the recording on the other card and generating another full log file overnight. <br> <br>In regards to #3, I understand what you're asking. The only applications that are running on that server are TeleFlow, the Lumenvox Speech Rec server (which TeleFlow uses), and the Voice Text server (which TeleFlow also uses.) <br> <br>Something you mentioned reminded me of another issue that I described in another post on this forum. In one of our TeleFlow applications we are receiving an Access Violation error on the timeout of a SR Get Digits function. I'm wondering if these issues may be related. <br> <br>The link to that topic is <a href="http://devnet.engenic.com/index.php?action=vthread&forum=10&topic=252 " target="_new">http://devnet.engenic.com/index.php?action=vthread&forum=10&to pic=252 </a><br> <br>-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

It is possible these issues are related, then again...? If they are related, it could be because of a mismatch of DLL's. <br> <br>What version of TeleFlow Server? Please check tfserver.log, build number is on the very first line. <br> <br>What version of Lumenvox? <br> <br>What version of NeoSpeech TTS?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:34 pm 

enGenic TeleFlow: Build 2005.0307 <br> <br>LumenVox: 5.5.0.799 <br> <br>Voiceware Voicetext: 3.0.0 (As reported by C:\VW\VTSvc\server\vtsvc.exe. I could find no other way of determining the version.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, one more... What version of Windows?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:02 pm 

Windows 2000 <br>5.00.2195 <br>Service Pack 4 <br> <br>And just in case: <br>2.4GHz <br>1.5GB RAM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:19 am 

I did some testing this morning and generated a log file to send to you. <br> <br>Here is what I did. <br> <br>I created a test recording application that has a Wait for Call step, a Record step and a Hangup Step. <br> <br>I stopped all TeleFlow, Lumenvox, and VoiceText services. <br> <br>I ran my test application in the Simulator and received the same error. <br> <br>I've sent the log file to the support address. <br> <br>Let me know if there is anything else I should try. <br> <br>-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Is there a PC sound card in that computer? The MCI_RECORD error seems to indicated there is not, or it is too busy to handle the record. I *suspect* the Simulator failing to record is coincidental to the Dialogic card failing to record. <br> <br>If there is no sound card in that machine, that is your problem with the Simulator. If there is a sound card, please give us the make/model. <br> <br>Can we get a log of the exact same test, using TeleFlow Server (and thus the Dialogic card)?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:38 am 

Here is an update. This issue is now closed. <br> <br>No sound card is installed in the server, which was the issue when using the simulator. <br> <br>When using the actual line, an error (not the same error as described above) was occurring because the system account which the TeleFlow service was running under did not have permissions to the location that the file was being written to. <br> <br>Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for helping us resolve. <br> <br>-Jeff

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General