Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:31 am 

When you use the server tool "Stop Server Service" it appears that output buffers are not always flushed to open log files. Is this normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:43 am 
Site Admin

When the TeleFlow Server service is stopped, it should finish any pending writes to its log files. You should see the word "SHUTDOWN" near the end of each log, followed by messages related to TeleFlow cleaning up. The very last line should read "All memory released. Exiting...". If you see this message, you have the whole log. If you see the "SHUTDOWN" message, you have all of the log that pertains to your application. <br> <br>Are all of the log files you are referring to TeleFlow Server created logs (ie: the ones corresponding to each line in you .TAL file), or do you have custom log files you are writing to with the Write Text step?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:53 pm 

Yes, they are custom logs with the Write Text step.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

I conducted a test here, and determined that TeleFlow Server does indeed flush its output buffers, on a successful shutdown, including application output via Write Text steps. <br> <br>I wrote a simple loop, which counts its iterations, writes this number to the standard TeleFlow log, and also to a text file with the Write Text step. After a few hundred executions, I stopped the TeleFlow Server service, and both the log and the text file contained data up to the same iteration. <br> <br>My test was conduction on Windows 2000 SP 4 with TeleFlow Server version 2005.0519, the same version that is currently distributed via our website. <br> <br>This could be an O/S related issue, or it could be that TeleFlow Server did not shutdown correctly. It is possible that TFServer errored on exit, and did not get to complete its cleanup code. We are working on some stability issues with respect to the shutdown functionality.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General