Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject: Using teleflow to run command lines?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:49 pm 

Is there any way to have teleflow to run command lines? The reason I ask is because im running into an issue where after a number of calls the TCP send requests, I start getting can not connect messages. After restarting the teleflows server the program works fine. So i would like to issue command lines to restart the server.

Is this or a better way possible?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Using teleflow to run command lines?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:38 pm 

You can use the "Run Program" TeleFlow step to run command line commands, although there may be limitations to what you can do while TeleFlow is running as a service.

However, while you can do this, having to restart the TeleFlow service regularly should not be required in regular operations. If possible, I would try to determine why it is that something only works for awhile(in debugging interaction with a TCP server, this might be easier said than done, I know)

What is happening in the TeleFlow application? Does it repeat the same connections without disconnecting first? How many application instances (lines) perform these connections, and how often? Do you connect once at startup, then keep using TCP Send to send messages without ever disconnecting and reconnecting? Does the TCP Server application time out idle connections or any such thing?

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General