Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject: "Technical difficulties" message on every other call
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:06 am 

I have deployed my application and every other caller receives the message "we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try your call again later" (first caller runs fine, second caller gets technical problems message, third caller runs fine and so on). Secondly, does the software only allow 1 caller at a time. If one call comes in and a second call comes in 10 sec later the second call is never answered, line just rings.

Post subject: Re: "Technical difficulties" message on every other call
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:27 am 

To determine why every other caller is getting the technical difficulties message, review the application error logs(To determine where these are located, run TeleFlow Config, and find the "Log Directory"). To find the approximate section in the log that shows what causes the error(s), search the logs for the string: "jump to fatal".

The limitations on how many lines to answer at once are based on the hardware and configuration, not - typically - the software. If you have a telephony card with multiple lines in it, they are properly configured to hunt (I.e. forward on busy), and you have configured TeleFlow to run your application on those additional lines, it will handle multiple calls at one time.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:06 pm 

Tim,
Could the order of my tabs have anything to do with my problem? I am sure I did something, but what I don't know. When I open the application (inbound application) instead of the last two tabs being "exit" and "wait for call" there are two tabs following my exit and wait for call. Those tabs are "MenuSet" and "MenuMan". If this could be my problem, how do I correct it? (See attachment)

Attachments:
Order of Tabs.pdf [32.93 KB]
Downloaded 907 times

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:40 pm 

The order of the tabs isn't important to how the application functions. Each tab simply represents a flowchart in the application. If those flowcharts have errors in them, and your application is using them, this could be your problem.

To find out where the errors are occurring, please refer to my previous post about checking the logs.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:58 pm 

I looked at the log file and what I found was- ERROR: No current connection matching handle '' (see attachment). I don't know what to correct since it corrects itself on the next call.

Attachments:
Fatal error comparison.pdf [11.22 KB]
Downloaded 884 times

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:14 am 

By default, if you use the "DB Connect" step and don't provide a database connection handle name to use in all your database steps, TeleFlow creates a handle for you, and leaves its name blank/empty/''. When the handle name is left empty in database steps, they use the blank handle.

Since this works for your applications some of the time, and corrects after each error, this suggests that:
1) "DB Connect" is in the application flow from the start of the application to the first SQL Statement.
2) A "DB Disconnect" is in the application flow after a call ends, but no DB Connect is in the flow before the next database step (a SQL Statement) is run.

Have a look in your application to see where your "DB Connect" and "DB Disconnect" steps are. You should be able to find a path in the application flow that uses a "DB Disconnect", and subsequently (possibly when the next call comes in) runs a "SQL Statement" step without ever running a "DB Connect" step.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:33 pm 

Hi Chris,

That solved my issue. I did not have a handle name on the db disconnects.

Thanks

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General