Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:01 am 

hi, <br>I'm having problems saying "/". <br>this is the error: <br>Jan 28 10:02:36.96: Speaking 'S/P ' <br>Jan 28 10:02:36.96: Playing: 'C:\Program Files\TeleFlow\Languages\English\S.wav' <br>Jan 28 10:02:37.75: Playing: 'C:\Program Files\TeleFlow\Languages\English\fslash$¤ì˜þë.wav' <br>Jan 28 10:02:37.75: File does not exist <br>Jan 28 10:02:37.75: FAILURE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:26 am 

I have another error <br>What are the caracters on the WAV file? <br>I using a Say step with the alphanumeric option. <br> <br> <br>Jan 28 10:29:17.43: Speaking '5XRC69 ' <br>Jan 28 10:29:17.45: Playing: 'C:\Program Files\TeleFlow\Languages\English\05ø˜þ÷.wav' <br>Jan 28 10:29:17.45: File does not exist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:19 pm 

This issue has been forwarded to our research and development department for further review. <br> <br>An update will be posted here when the issue is resolved.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:32 am 

I am having trouble with VBscripts. If I want to make an assignment like @variable=2 it works great. However, if I try using functions like Replace I invariably get a Parse error. for example: <br>@MyStr=Replace("XXpXXPXXp", "p", "Y") <br> <br>Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:18 am 
Site Admin

The TeleFlow Basic Script step is not a VB Script interpreter. It is named "Basic scripts" to distinguish it from the scripts used to document the voice recordings in a system. <br> <br>The primary purpose of the Basic Script step is to make it easier to manipulate a lot of TeleFlow variables. If you have 20 variables to initialize at the start of your application, its a lot easier to set them all with a single step instead of placing 20 Set Global or Set Local steps. <br> <br>The replace function you want to perform simply is not supported. The are a couple of work arounds you can deploy to get past this. If the data you want to translate comes from a table in a database, you can use whatever functions are available for your database. For example: <br> <br>select replace(myfield, "p", "Y") as MyStr from mytable <br> <br>Not all databases have a replace function that is available through their ODBC drivers, or you may have data that did not come from a table. In this case, you must write a .TAM to perform the replace for you. Check out both the Parse Step, which will find a sub-string within a string, and the Math step, which will allow you to copy part of a string. This would be a complicated .TAM to write, but once complete, you could use it any time you had to replace. <br> <br>This is a brand new step that was recently added to TeleFlow. The help for it will be available in an upcoming patch. In the meantime, here is a very brief rundown of what this step is capable of: <br> <br> Assignments @VAR = "value" <br> Compare IF, THEN, ELSE, =, !=, <>, >, >=, <, <=, AND, OR <br> Math AND, OR, +, -, *, /, MOD <br> Parentheses are respected when constructing expressions <br> FOR loops <br> GOTO and GOSUB using labels such as MYLABEL:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:58 pm 

There is also a template flowchart available within TeleFlow Designer that has the specific functionality you are looking for (I believe). <br> <br>In the TAP screen, in the Steps Toolbox, go to the "Templates" tab. Select the "FindAndReplaceString" flowchart, and add it to your TeleFlow application. <br> <br>The 3 parameters for this template flowchart are: <br>1)A TeleFlow variable to modify (containing the string you want to replace a portion of) <br>2) The string to replace <br>3) The new value to replace the existing string, if found. <br> <br>The flowchart "returns" your variable with the replacement, if any.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:08 am 

Ok: next trouble: <br> <br>in the script I try: <br> <br>if @today = Mon then <br> @today = 1 <br>endif <br> <br>This gives me a parse error also. I tried various quotes and parenthesis with no luck. Is there some sample syntax that will get me started?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

You have found a bug. This step is essentially in beta (it probably should have been labeled as such). Your syntax is incorrect, but that is not the cause of your parse error. I have done some experimenting here and found that the IF/THEN compare works for some expressions and not for others. <br> <br>As a work around, use the Compare step for all comparisons. In fact, I recommend that you use the Run BASIC Script step as a replacement for Set Global only, and otherwise stick to the other TeleFlow steps to accomplish your programmatic tasks. <br> <br>We have added this bug to our work queues and it will be fixed in a future version. Thank-you for bringing it to our attention. As stated earlier, documentation for this step is also in the work queue, and it will include some sample code. <br> <br>FYI, your syntax should have been <br> <br>if @today = "Mon" then <br>@today = 1 <br>end <br> <br>The string literal "Mon" should be enclosed in double quotes, and the keyword to terminate the IF is END (not ENDIF). <br> <br>Here's some sample syntax that I know works, from our QA testing: <br> <br>@TEST = "SEVEN" <br>@POTATO = 7 mod 5 <br>print "Initial Potato: @POTATO" <br> <br>for @POTATO = @POTATO to 10 step 1 <br> print "Potato @POTATO" <br>next <br> <br>print "Final Potato: @POTATO" <br> <br>@RESULT = @POTATO <br>print "Result: @RESULT" <br> <br>if @RESULT = 11 then <br> print "That's a lot of potatos!" <br>end

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General