Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject: how Do you transfer a call in another port??..thx
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:58 am 

hi guys.. :|

im currently working in my IVR project..
ive encountered a problem while making it..because my IVR project needed a call transfer..and i dont know how to do it..if you can send sae sample project..il be happy to thank you..
hope you can help me..thanks.. :shock:

Post subject: Re: how Do you transfer a call in another port??..thx
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 am 

There is a sample application in TeleFlow for two-line transfers.

In TeleFlow Designer, click "File" >> "New Application" >> switch to the "Example Task" tab >> click "TransferDemo2" >> click "OK".

The application that opens initially is the inbound side to the two-line transfer. The sw_main flowchart describes the table you need to add to your application database to assist with the transfers.

When you save the application, there are 2 TAP files. 1 is the example of the inbound application. Primarily, you need to add the flowcharts from the inbound example application to your inbound application, and you need to run CalloutPool.TAP on some lines that you dedicate for outbound calls. The applications handle the rest of the transfer for you.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:21 am 

thank you very much...
:lol:

i already look at the sample program..its very compicated.. :?:
and i dont know where i will put some changes..so still its very hard for me..but atleast you teach me where can i refer..

favor :oops:
can you teach me where should i make changes of the program..becs its really hard for me to understand thus code. :( ..coz im a nobie for this..

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:40 am 

I can provide you some advice that should help. I may have jumped to a conclusion here, as well. If you are using an analog card, and your phone lines support a flash-hook transfer, you can just use the "Place Call" step to initiate a call transfer. You need to change the radio button to "Current connection" from the default "Initiate connection".

If you cannot do a flash-hook transfer, you must do a two-line transfer, and for that you should use the example application. Here are some additional pointers on how to integrate this application into yours:

1) You need to run CalloutPool.TAP on some lines that you dedicate for outbound calls. (you don't need to even open this application, it will handle everything for you)

2) Add the following flowcharts from CallinPool.TAP (the inbound application)
to your application that requires call transfers:
* Sw_Defaults
* SwitchReqLoop

3) Have your application run the Sw_Defaults flowchart before the SwitchReqLoop flowchart (you might just run Sw_Defaults in your first/top-level application flowchart).

4) When you need to transfer a call, run the SwitchReqLoop flowchart, passing in the phone number to transfer to in the first parameter field.

5) Make sure you have a table in your database named "swipool", with the required table structure. Here is a sample create table script that should be close to what you need. You might need to modify this slightly depending on the database you are using:
CREATE TABLE `swipool` (
port int(5) default NULL,
status varchar(10) default NULL,
reqport int(5) default NULL,
reqdate varchar(10) default NULL,
reqtime varchar(8) default NULL,
phone varchar(20) default NULL
);

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 am 

i do the steps that you reply, in my Table SwiPool i add fields
port int(5) default NULL,
status varchar(10) default NULL,
reqport int(5) default NULL,
reqdate varchar(10) default NULL,
reqtime varchar(8) default NULL,
phone varchar(20) default NULL

should i put values in this fields????

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:09 am 

You don't need to put anything in the table, the call-out application and the flowcharts you add to your call-in application will take care of everything.

You do need to make sure the call-out application's DB Connect step connects to the database your swipool table is in.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:12 pm 

Thank you very much
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:36 pm 

how many ports do i need in transfering calls(inbound calls)???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 am 

This depends entirely on the application(s) you are running, the number of ports, and the type of transfers you can use.

In analog, a flash-hook transfer is ideal, because you can drop the IVR/TeleFlow completely out of the mix, which means that you can have all your ports dedicated to answering the phone, and don't have lines tied up for the duration of the transferred call.

In ISDN, under the NI2 protocol variant, if it is available, a release link or 2B channel transfer means you only need an outbound channel(a port in TeleFlow) to place the call, and then both the inbound and outbound channels are freed up.

The short answer to your question would probably be: You need enough ports dedicated to answering the phone as you expect to get simultaneous inbound calls. You need enough ports dedicated to outbound for call transfers as you expect the simultaneous inbound call traffic to require.

If every inbound call gets transferred (and you are using a transfer that keeps both parties on the line) you need about a 50/50 split. If the transfer is only used in 1 of every 10 calls, you might estimate that on a 23-channel ISDN circuit, the last 3 channels could be dedicated to outbound.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General