Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject: Speak text posibilities. (Using alternative TTS Server)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:13 am 

As far I know, this control (Speak Text) only can connect with Neospeech TTS Server.
If so, this is a big problem for the people that use another lenguaje not supported by this TTS Server Provider.

In my case, I'm Interesting convert from Castilian Spanish text to voice with good/Natural quality.

If really the current functionality at this issue of Teleflow is has I metioned, What kind of solution can I have ?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Speak text posibilities. (Using alternative TTS Server)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 am 

You are correct. At present, TeleFlow can only use the Neospeech TTS Server. We are currently investigating adding some alternative TTS servers (Cepstral and Nuance are being reviewed, while Loquendo is an outside possibility) with additional/different language capabilities to address this. Since I cannot provide an estimated delivery date at this time, your options in this respect are currently limited.

TeleFlow is open source, and as such, the potential exists for you (anyone, really) to extend its capabilities, including adding support for additional TTS servers.

The vast majority of applications don't have data that requires it be played using TTS. (although there are plenty enough exceptions) What information are you trying to convey that cannot be accomplished using "canned" scripts (with the Play step) or with the Say step? Perhaps we can suggest an alternative, depending on what the need is. The Say step currently supports Spanish. You can replace the audio files provided with TeleFlow with your own recordings so that they match the Castilian dialect. If necessary, the Lang_Spanish.dll can be modified. Engenic will supply you with the source for this file, or you can contract us to make the modifications for you.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General