Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General

Post subject: Help with a simple auto attendant application.
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:59 pm 

Hello there,

Im a final year student and Im trying to create a simple auto attendant application for my university as my project. After a lot of searching I thought Teleflow developer studio fits my work the best.

Here is the scenario:

In university we have a panasonic KX-TDA600bx, which has many extensions each connected to a phone in different departments' offices (each office has a certain number, so the employees can talk to each other by dialing these numbers). And, I have a phone line connected to my modem's "line" port on the computer and I've used a a piece of phone cable to connect my computer through the modem's "phone" port to the panasonic KX-TDA600bx.

So based on that. I'm supposed to create an application to greet the callers when they call the phone line's number connected to my modem, then give the caller the options to talk to the department employee that he wants. (i.e press 1 to talk with IT department, press 2 to talk with business and management department....). Finally, when the caller chooses his desired department to talk to, my application should be able connect him to the department through the modem to the panasonic KX-TDA600bx and finally to that department's phone.

I'm new to Teleflow so please tell me what is the simplest way to create this program with just the requirements I've explained above and no more.
So, please make your guidelines a little detailed, so I can refer to it and learn from it.
---------------------------------
here are the things that I have:

- MS windows 7 sp1
- Teleflow developer studio 2/ 2010 open.
- Intel modem with two ports (phone and line)
- Panasonic KX-TDA600bx
- A phone line (connected to the modem)
- A piece of phone cable (connects the modem to the panasonic KX-TDA600bx)
--------------------------------

the panasonic KX-TDA600bx may have its own software for doing such requirements, but I really don't to use it, and I want to depend on Teleflow for creating the application.
---------------------------

I'm really in urgent help,
thank you and sorry for the bad English

Post subject: Re: Help with a simple auto attendant application.
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:56 am 

Presently, the specific way in which you are trying to use TeleFlow to receive and transfer a call isn't possible. TeleFlow doesn't have any support for communicating with/via a modem. Telephony hardware (Eg. a Dialogic analog card) would be required for the phone integration.

With a supported telephony card, it should be a relatively simple effort.

You could use the demonstration applications included with TeleFlow for this purpose. In TeleFlow Designer, click "File", then "New Application". Under the "New Application Template" tab, choose "Inbound". This would be your starting point, as this is a simple application that answers the phone. Assuming your analog lines support a simple flash hook transfer, you can use a "Place Call" step once your caller is on the line and ready to be transferred. Otherwise, refer to the "Transfer Demo" applications in the "Example Tasks" tab of the New Application dialog.

Using TeleFlow with a modem as you suggest might be possible with a TAPI solution, but this would require an extensive effort to complete (you would have to create a new board dll for TeleFlow before you could even start developing your TeleFlow application).

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : General