Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:41 am 

I am experiencing an odd issue in one of our TeleFlow applications. <br> <br>We are capturing a customer's account number using the Get TT String function. The application verifies that the account number is accurate by doing a database lookup in SQL server. <br> <br>We have had several instances of the application indicating that an invalid account number is supplied when we know it is a good one. To troubleshoot we ran SQL trace to view the SQL statement that is being executed from TeleFlow. <br> <br>What we found was interesting. When I entered an account number it sometimes transposed the last two digits to the beginning of the string. So for example, if I enter 20001234 the system stored 34200012 in the variable that was being passed to the SQL statement. In some cases the digits that were innacurate were random. So 20001234 might turn into 95200012. <br> <br>I have two questions: <br>1) Is this a known issue in TeleFlow? <br>2) If not, is it possible that the Get TT String is appending to the variable rather than over writing it? If so, is this by design and I need to account for it by clearing the variable before it gets passed to the Get TT String function? <br> <br>Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. This is impacting one of our clients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:29 am 

1) No, this isn't a known issue in TeleFlow. <br> <br>2) This shouldn't be the case, either by design or error. <br> <br>So, that said: <br>1) What hardware platform are you running TeleFlow on? <br>2) Please do the following: Turn all logging on in your TAL file. Restart TeleFlow Server. Place a/some test calls until you get a call in which this error takes place. When this happens, shut down TFServer, and send the log file with the error in it to support@engenic.com, with a subject line of "DEVNET: Get TT String Problem". A response will be posted in this thread.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:08 am 

We are running TeleFlow on a 16 port AI Logix board. The server is a P4 1.7 GHz with 256 MB RAM. <br> <br>I've turned logging on and spent a good portion of yesterday trying to replicate the problem. <br> <br>From what I saw on Tuesday, it appears that something during a call triggers this problem to begin. After this initial instance, the problem happens on every call. <br> <br>I'll continue to try and replicate the problem today and send you the log file as soon as I am successful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:48 am 

Finally able to replicate the problem and captured it happening in the log file. The information has been sent to your support address. Please let me know if you have additional questions. <br> <br>-Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:47 pm 

What version of SmartWorks is running on this system? (Check \Program Files\Ai-Logix\SmartWorks\readme.txt, the number should be right at the top) <br> <br>Although it doesn't explain the problem, (it might, but in this case, based on the sequence of events, timing, and your description, I don't believe it does) there are at least 2 things you want to address in your application. <br>1) The Send E-mail step is always failing to authenticate you. This appears to go through quickly everytime, but sometimes such an operation can be slow. This could create a gap in which someone would enter part of their input, and then have it cleared by a Clear TT step. You would miss some digits. <br> <br>2) When 'something' goes wrong (such as a timeout), you play an "invalid entry" script of some sort. This is followed immediately by a send e-mail step, a clear tt step, and then a Get TT String step. If a caller should start entering their input as soon as the invalid entry script starts (some people will), part of their entry will be discarded when the Clear TT is run. I would suggest that you put a Clear TT only before the initial prompting for entry, and before your "invalid entry" script. Putting one after carries the risk of losing entries from the caller. <br> <br>Neither of those - I don't believe - are responsible for the errors you are experiencing. (although, they would likely have a similar effect after this problem is solved, for the reason(s) described above) More information is pending.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:27 am 

We are using SmartWorks 2.9.0. <br> <br>1) The Send e-mail step only executes when a caller enters an incorrect survey code. My intention was to put this in place to help me monitor the Get TT string problem. Just to confirm, the problem was definately happening before I put this in. <br> <br>2) Agree with the Clear TT issue and we will fix. Also agree that neither of these scenarios would cause the problem. <br> <br>Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your help. <br> <br>-Jeff

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator