Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:07 am 

I have an outbound application where TF will get phone numbers from a database every day and place the calls. What do I need to do in TF to do this automatically every day without manual intervention? <br> <br>I also need a way to end the session - probably when I reach the end of the database! But if there are better techniques I sure would like to understand them! <br> <br>Also I would like the ability to specify at what time TF should initiate the outbound calling session. Once the calling session is started I can keep it going till all the records in the database are processed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:01 am 

I would recommend that you simply have the system loop around checking the time with a Compare step. (Use the TeleFlow @TIME variable). When the current time is >= a time you specify to start placing calls, and is also <= a time to stop placing calls for the day (so you don't accidentally call someone too late in the evening), attempt to get a number from the database. If there is a number, call it, if not, wait for 5 seconds (TeleFlow Wait step, 5000 ms), and check your conditions (time and database) again. <br> <br>If you wish to also have conditions for the day of the week to place calls, use the @WEEKDAY TeleFlow system variable. For more information about TeleFlow systems variables, consult the TeleFlow help file.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:25 am 

Thanks! That helps!

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator