Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:19 am 

I have found that unless I add an attachment the body of the message is not sent to the email. Is it something else I need to do in terms of configuration or whatever. Also the attachment is not showing as an attachment but in the body of the text.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Please advise what version of TFServer you are using. You can find the build number at the top of the file "tfserver.log".

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:25 pm 

TeleFlow: Build 2005.0307

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

In this version, the body field and attachment fields are one and the same. In other words, the email step expects the email body as a text attachment, and if it doesn't get it, it does not include any body text. We've had another instance of this show up in the newest version of TeleFlow, which is why I asked for the version number. The issue has been reported to our engineering department, and will likely be changed in a future version of TeleFlow. In the mean time, you are stuck with the functionality the way it is. <br> <br>Here are two suggested work arounds: <br> <br>(1) Instead of supplying the body text in the body field, use a Write Text step to output your text to a file, then attach that file. <br> <br>(2) Obtain a 3rd party mail client that is a console application, or allows console execution. You can then call this mail program using the TeleFlow Run Program step.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:38 pm 

I already thought of the first option and that works , which ishowI found the bug. I see a problem if someone wanted to attach say a wave file , they would not be able to play the file being its embedded in the body and not really a file attachment. Will wait for the future releases. <br>Thanks

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:40 am 
Site Admin

That's a problem all right, and the greater issue of the two with our eMail step. It will get updated in a future release. Generally, the eMail step does not see a lot of use, but when one does need it, it's handy as anything. I suggest you try a shareware program called "Blat". We've had success with it in the past, and I *believe* it allows binary attachments.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator