Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:08 am 

I request guidance in establishing the ODBC link between FoxPro for DOS DBFs and my TeleFlow application. <br> <br>1 What entry should be made in the <i>Data Source Name</i> field - the name of the application, or the name of one of the DBFs being used by the application? <br>2 In the <i>Path</i> field, what drive and path do I use - the D drive and path for development and testing or the C drive and path for running the application. <br>3 Where may I find documentation on how to setup ODBC for TeleFlow? <br> <br>Thanks for your support. Anything done to speed up the development will be appreciated.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:25 am 

1) A data source name (DSN) is a reference to that data source entry. It is the name you will use from within TeleFlow applications to access your database. Once you have your data source set up properly, you use a DB Connect step in TeleFlow to connect to it. (So, if you set up a data source with a DSN of "TEST_DATABASE", your DB Connect step should be populated with "DSN=TEST_DATABASE". <br> <br>2) You may need to experiment to get this work. If it is consistent with other ODBC drivers like the one you are using, it is the drive and path where database/tables your TeleFlow application is to use reside. <br> <br>3) There aren't many TeleFlow specific ODBC setup instructions to provide. However, refer to the TeleFlow help entry on the DB Connect step (Under chapters: Step Definitions and Usage >> Data Steps >> DB Connect). This has some of the sample DB Connect strings you might use, based on some common databases. (Note that we recommend against using MS Access, which has proven to be problematic for anything but testing purposes) How to set up the ODBC entry has more to do with the specific database being used than with those programs that use them. It is best to refer to documentation for the specific database.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:02 am 

The error now being logged is as follows: <br> <br>==>Answeringmachine <br> [1] START <br> [67] Global Event <br> Setting system variable '@FATAL' to 'APPLICATION_ERROR' <br> [68] Global Event <br> Setting system variable '@HANGUP' to 'CALLER_GONE' <br> [159] DB Connect <br> ConnectString: DSN=dBASE Files <br> SQL Error State: HY092 <br> Native Error Code: 56 <br> ODBC Error: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver]Invalid attribute/option identifier <br> [32] Run Flowchart <br> Flowchart: 'Defaults' <br> Answeringmachine==> <br> <br>The current ODBC source was picked from the drop down list under step DB Connection/Step Properties - "DSN=dBase Files" <br>Of those on the list: <br>1 DSN=Visual FoxPro Database <br>2 DSN=Visual FoxPro Tables <br>3 DSN=dBase Files <br>number 3 did not bomb but generated the above error. <br> <br>The files I'm trying to utilize are FoxPro DOS 2.6 files as free tables. <br> <br>Any additional support would bwe appreciated...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:23 am 

This error: <br> <br> ODBC Error: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver]Invalid attribute/option identifier <br> <br>is really more of a warning. There isn't anything that can be done to eliminate it, but your application should work fine regardless of it.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator