Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:54 am 

We want to enter time as hhmm on a 12 hour clock and a date as mmddyy. <br> <br>The time is first checked for a time >= 100 and then checked for a value <= 1259. How can I check for minutes from 00 to 59? Is there a way to directly enter time into a 12 hour clock field? <br> <br>With the date as mmddyy, is it possible to convert this to a date field? Is there a better way of entering the date into a date field? <br> <br>Great support, Thanks...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:47 am 

While looking through a log, I found a SUBSTR statment from a MATH step. Problem solved for checking on minutes between 00 and 59. <br> <br>Is there a better way for doing this? <br>Entering time into a 12 hour clock field? <br>Processing into a date field? <br>Thanks...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:02 pm 

Two other areas to search in: Templates. There are a number of date management Tams there. Also, check out the new BasicScript step in the latest download of TeleFlow. This is a programming language that makes string manipulation easy.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:31 pm 

To answer your question about mmddyy, the answer is yes. First, check out the Template Tams for entering a date. If you need it to work differently, you can modify it easily. If you stay with the @TTInputDate = "mmddyy", convert it to "yyyy/mm/dd" (using Math or BasicScript) so that TeleFlow can recognize it as a date.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:01 pm 

Thanks for the support. <br>I've looked through the Template Tams without locating an example for entering a date. A suggested location will be appreciated. <br>Also, please expand on the @TTInputDate = "mmddyy" statement. How is it used and where may I find out about it? <br>Last, when I create a string consisting of yyyy/mm/dd, how do I convert it to a date field? <br>Again, thanks...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:18 am 

At present, the template tams don't have a date module to get the date. There are some date-related templates, but not useful for your purposes. <br> <br>Generally, we set things up like this: <br> <br>Play: Describe to the caller what you need a date for, and that they should follow these instructions to enter it: <br>Play: Please enter the four digit year now. <br>Get TT String to collect the 4 digits into @TT_YEAR variable. <br>Play: Now enter the 2 digit month. <br>Get TT String to collect the 2 digits into @TT_MONTH variable. <br>Play: Now enter the 2 digit day. <br>Get TT String to collect the 2 digits into @TT_DAY variable. <br> <br>Finally, to turn those three collected variables into a single date variable, use Set Local or Set Global, and set your variable like this (something like it, anyway): <br>@MY_DATE = @TT_YEAR/@TT_MONTH/@TT_DAY <br> <br>@TTInputDate was an example of a variable you might create and set in a TeleFlow application. (much like @MY_DATE, in the example I have provided) <br> <br>Converting the YYYY/MM/DD date format of TeleFlow into a date field (I assume you mean to insert/update a date field in a database) depends on the database itself. Some have special functions you need to use, to turn a text or character string into a date. When updating a date field, you must enclose your TeleFlow variable in quotes, as well. (Eg: UPDATE my_table SET date_field = '@MY_DATE' WHERE conditions)

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator