Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:23 am 

After recording a message through a D4PCI card - a wav is created. Does it have to be converted to a Vox in order to play it as an outbound call through the D4PCI? Please review the processing steps from beginning to end of a sound file using TeleFlow and a D4PCI 4 port card. <br> <br>Thanks for the support...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:16 am 

Actually, with Dialogic cards, TeleFlow ONLY records VOX files. If you record a file with a WAV extension, it will have that extension in the filename, but it will still actually be a VOX file. <br> <br>This means that both recording and playback on Dialogic just require that your record the file on the Dialogic card. It is a good idea to use the proper extension so there is no confusion. (i.e. If you are recording files with a .WAV extension in Dialogic, you should change them to .VOX)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:28 pm 

Since I used the Answermachine example, a variable "@REC_EXT" was set to "WAV" in the Default Flowchart. Do I have to toggle this between Wav and Vox whenever I copy to the production machine or can I set "@EXT_EXT" to Vox full time for development, the simulator and production? <br> <br>And away we go.... <br>Thanks...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:10 am 

You could set "@REC_EXT" to Vox fulltime, although this will mean in TFSimulator that it will actually create WAV files with a .Vox extension. This has the potential for confusion. <br> <br>We typically set @REC_EXT based on a database entry. This way, you can have the entry contain "Wav" in your test database, and "Vox" in your production database.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator