Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:16 pm 

Our application development is being done on D: and being run on H: on the production machine. It appears as if SYSDRIVE always returns D: even if the application is being run on H:. Is this correct? I thought SYSDRIVE should return the drive on which it is running independent of the drive used for development. If this is the case, what would you suggest in order to make the production application drive independent?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:14 pm 

I would expect SYSDRIVE to be H: as well, but there are plenty enough factors in this determination for something to go wrong, work not quite as expected, and/or for mistakes to be made. So, having said that, here are some things I would like to know about this setup: <br> <br>1) Where is TeleFlow (not your application, but the TeleFlow Server) installed? (drive and path) <br> <br>2) Is H: a local hard drive, or is it a drive mapping? <br> <br>3) When you say you are "running" from H:, do you mean that the .TAP and .TAM files are all on the H: drive, and you have configured TeleFlow Server to run them from there, or is your .TAL file on H:, but referring to a .TAP file on the D: drive?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:26 pm 

1) H:\Program Files\TeleFlow\TFServer.exe <br>2) On the Production Machine: <br> Boot drive is H:. It is not a mapped drive. C: thru G: used without mapping for memory card sockets. <br>3a) .TAM files are in the Tam directory as follows: <br> Local Dish (H:)\Apps\bin,Dbf,Tam,VMAIL,Vox <br>3b) .TAP files are in the \Apps\ directory as follows: <br> Local Dish (H:) \Apps\*.TAP <br> <br>How do I check the TeleFlow Server configuration and what am I looking for in order to answer your question?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:55 pm 

1) Run TeleFlow Config. Copy and paste your entry for the "Active Application List File" into this thread. <br> <br>2) In TeleFlow Config, click the "Edit" button to view the TAL file in use. What is in each of the "Filename" columns?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:30 pm 

Active Application List File H:\Apps\Apps.tal <br> <br>Filename column - one entry <br>H:\Apps\Apps.TAP <br> <br>Thanks...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:05 pm 

Question: Do you have the Tam files shown as being held with a Hand on your TAP page in Designer? <br> <br>Question: If not, please right mouse click on the Tam folder icons, and check that the field has "Tam\TamName.tam", and something that starts with D:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:24 pm 

1) Opened the application to the first screen - the TAP page - and looked at all of the flowcharts (Tam files). Not a single file was displayed with any sort of a hand. <br> <br>2) The second question left me confused... <br>First, I right clicked on the FlowChart "RECMES" - no path showned, then left clicked on Edit Properties with the object filename showing "Tam\RECMES.Tam. Where is the field containing "Tam\TamName.tam"? <br> <br>I then opened Explorer and went to the D:\Apps\Tam folder. I right clicked on a number of the Tam files - Flowcharts - without finding a path. The explorer address was D:\Apps\Tam with the file name of RECMES.TAM.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:37 pm 

The good news is... that everything looks good in that regard. <br> <br>There is no chance that there is a copy of the application on a memory card on D is there? <br> <br>We did not get good logs the last time around. Could you send them again please?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:37 am 

Sending them this morning... <br>Thanks for the support...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:13 pm 

It turns out your logs show that you are reading a table where you have data with "D:\" instead of "H:\". <br> <br>You may want "relative path" the files to get around this.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator