Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:55 pm 

I need to know if TeleFlow 2006 provides some step I can use to know the on/off hook state of any given port. <br> <br>Thanks, <br> <br>Ronald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:06 pm 

The system variable @HOOK_STATUS will tell you whether a port (each port is only aware of its own status) is on/off hook. <br> <br>You can use a Compare step to check @HOOK_STATUS, which will be populated for you at the time the Compare is done. <br> <br>Values for @HOOK_STATUS are: <br>OFF-HOOK: Port is off hook. (i.e. You have an active call) <br>ON-HOOK: Port is on hook. (i.e. You don't have a call on the line)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:01 am 

But, if I have 12 ports from which the last 4 are the ones I want to query about their on/off hook status, how do I use the @HOOK_STATUS variable to query the status of a specific port (let's say, #10)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:50 am 

From my experience, @HOOK_STATUS is available only in the active port thread and not available across threads. <br> <br>What I do is everytime a port goes active (wait for call or dialout) I create a temp file called Active_nn.txt where nn is the current active port number. When the port goes onhook I delete the file. Then I can use the scan folder step from any thread to see if any specific port is offhook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:00 am 

What if I'm not running an application in these ports? I plan to have them free for call switching (Switch step) to live operators in a call center, so no application will be running there so as to create/delete files...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:08 am 
Site Admin

Actually, you're free ports do need to be running some sort of TeleFlow application. They will have to use the Place Call step to call the operator. <br> <br>There are two demonstration programs shipped with TeleFlow that give you an example of co-ordinating inbound and outbound ports. Assuming you've installed TeleFlow to the default location, you will find them at: <br> <br> C:\Program Files\TeleFlow\Templates\Example\TransferDemo2 <br> <br>Do not use TeleFlow's new application wizard, as it will only recognize one of the applications in that folder. Copy all the files and folders at that location to where ever you are building your application. <br> <br>The first application, CallinPool.TAP, demonstrates the in-bound side. When a call is received, a "transfer request" is placed in a DB table. TeleFlow then goes into a loop waiting for the other application to place a call to an operator and switch the two ports together. <br> <br>The second application, CalloutPool.TAP, checks the same DB table periodically, and places the out-bound call on behalf of the in-bound port and switches the original caller to the operator. It uses the same table to report its results back to the first application, and so it serves as a method of inter-process communication. <br> <br>Neither of these applications make use of the @HOOK_STATUS system variable, as they were written before that feature was available.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:21 am 

Thanks a lot, I will test these demos to see if they fit my needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32 am 

I was checking out the TransferDemo (which uses disk files as flags, a simpler approach). <br> <br>Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can interpret from these applications is that both, the in-bound port <b>and</b> the out-bound port, remain off-hook while the two parties are having their conversation? <br> <br>Here in my office, when I receive a call and I decide to transfer it to another extension, I press <i>flash</i>, type the destination extension and optionally wait for the other party to answer... but at this point I can just hangup and the original caller is automatically transfered to the destination extension I typed. <br> <br>Is it possible to do that in TeleFlow? I mean, in the same fashion of the demos (CallIn/CallOut), is it possible to do this: <br> <br>1. Port A gets an incoming call and, by means of a menu option, requests to be transfered to a live operator <br> <br>2. Port B processes the request by placing a call to the live operator's extension <br> <br>3. Port B's call gets answered, then the Switch Call is performed <br> <br>4. Instead of waiting for the parties to hangup, can this application on Port B just hangup, leaving Port A off-hook and connected to the live operator who answered the call placed by Port B? Or would this action hang up the just-placed call, leaving the caller in Port A "in the limbo"? <br> <br>Thanks in advance for your support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Your assumption is correct. Both the in-bound and the out-bound port stay off-hook during the conversation. <br> <br>The flash-hook transfer you have described works on analog telephone lines, if your circuit provides the transfer capability. In order for TeleFlow to take advantage of this, simply use the PlaceCall step in TeleFlow. Set the "Connection" property to "Current connection" and the field beside it contains 500 (this is the duration of the flash-hook, and it should be left at 500). You don't need the transfer demo, or a second port. <br> <br>If you are not on analog phone lines, then you need a service called "2B-Transfer" (at least that is what it is called here). This feature is only available on the NI2 variant of ISDN. With this service, you still need two ports, one for in-bound and one for out-bound. Once you have both parties on the line, you issue A "2B Transfer" request with the TeleFlow Transfer Step. We do have a 2B-Transfer demo, similar to the transfer demo you have. I can provide it to you, if you wish. You should first ensure that your circuit provider can give you 2B-Transfer first.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:22 am 

I'm using analog lines, so I'll try using the Flash Hook step. <br> <br>Is this the right sequence: <br>- Flash Hook <br>- Place Call <br>- Switch Call <br> <br>... or the Switch Call step is unnecessary?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Neither the Flash Hook nor the Switch Call step are necessary. You only need the Place Call step. Set the "Connection" property to "Current connection (1/1000 seconds)". This will perform the Flash Hook for you. When you want the IVR port to drop out of the conversation (and leave the other two parties talking). Use a Hang Up step.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:18 pm 

Hello, <br> <br>I need to know if is there a simple way to transfer my current call (Port #1) to another port that is connected to a external phone number(Customer Representative Service person). <br> <br>I see that our PBX is able to transfer a call with FLASH and it frees the origin port. (In this case the first extension) <br> <br>In the IVR case, the ports are connected to external numbers, so it doesn't work under the extensions model. But, I also saw that teleflow uses port references. <br> <br>What would be your recomendation for this problem? <br> <br>Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Start with your telephone service provider. They should be able to give you "release transfer" capability on those external lines. The name of this type feature may be different where you are because providers often have their own terminology. If they don't recognize it, explain to them what you want to do, and they should be able to provide what you need. <br> <br>Another option would be to have the calls go through your PBX first, and then to the TeleFlow IVR. Whoever is responsible for provisioning your PBX should know how to do this. Essentially, you want to have certain external numbers received by the PBX to be automatically routed through to the one of the extenstions connected to your IVR. The outbound calls should be easier. The IVR should be able to "dial 9" to get an outside line (or however your PBX is configured).

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator