Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject: Error: "Could not load Voice Scripts database"
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:04 am 

I am receiving the following error when trying to load my .Tap file:

"Could not load Voice Scirpts database:
Tam\Voice.Dbf
Database either missing or corrupt
Locate, or select another Voice Script database."

I've checked and the Voice.Dbf does exists and opens fine in Access. This application was created several years ago in a previous version of TeleFlow. However, I have a new lap top and had to install the latest version of TeleFlow. Is the latest software backwords compatible? Any other suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Error: "Could not load Voice Scripts database"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:30 am 

The Designer is backwards compatible. Your application(s) should be as well, although you will certainly want to review the change log(C:\Program Files\TeleFlow\TeleFlow_Change_Log.txt ) to see if there are changes that will affect you. On the whole, we try to introduce very few changes in new releases of TeleFlow that will require changes to legacy applications. On the other hand, changes like this are sometimes necessary for improvements to the software, and are made when deemed necessary.

Having said that, on occasion, there are issues loading old applications, but it should be something you(or we) can correct. For a start, I would simply try locating the file for TeleFlow. (So, when you open the TAP, and get the error, locate the Voice.dbf file in the application's \Tam directory, select it and click 'Open'.) You will likely also be prompted in the same way about the Fax.dbf, and should use the same approach to deal with that.

If specifically locating and selecting the file when prompted doesn't work, double-check that the file isn't read-only. (Right-click the Voice.dbf file, select "Properties", look for the "Read-only" checkbox. It should NOT be checked. If it is, un-check it and click "OK". Try loading your TAP again.)

If the above suggestions don't fix the issue, let us know, and we will provide additional steps from there.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:23 am 

Thanks for the feedback!

I think I have fixed the problem. This code based was moved under source control since the last time we touched it. The dbf files were checked out (not readonly) but that didn't solve the problem. I then checked out the entire project and now it is opening fine. So, there must be a few other files that were readonly that it didn't like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm 

You're welcome!

Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation. It makes sense that if some files were in any way "locked" that the Designer would have trouble with them.

Thanks for posting that the issue is resolved.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator