Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject: ReRing after answere?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:30 pm 

I am working on a call center app with Developer Studio. My system answers the call and gives the person options to listen to some information, leave message etc.

What I want to also implement is a way for the person to talk to me directly after listening to information via an option. Would I use a transfer? or can i have it re-ring my phone some how?

I am unsure on how to do this and any help would be great.

P.s. I will have 1 line going to server then out to phone from server. And a second phone not connected to any line but connected to server.

Hope i do not confuse anyone.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: ReRing after answere?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:13 pm 

It sounds like you are working with analog phones, so ideally, you would want to use a flash-hook transfer. The Place Call step can perform a flash-hook transfer if the lines you are using support it. (Set the "Telephone number to dial" to the phone number or extension number of the physical phone line to call, and set the step to use "Current connection".)

However, it sounds like you are also attempting to use the card in a way other than how it is intended. You will not be able to call an analog phone through the card by plugging it directly into the card. It may help you to think of the card as allowing your server to act like one or more analog phone sets. Just as you could not plug one analog phone into another and have them call one another, you will not be able to plug a line directly in to the card and call it through the card.

Instead, your setup should be more like what follows:
- 1 or more flash-hook transfer capable phone lines should be plugged into the card. These terminate at the server (I.e. When you call the phone number for those lines, a TeleFlow application on the server answers the call)
- 1 phone line from the PSTN (or perhaps an extension from your PBX, if you have one) going to the phone you wish to have calls transfer to.
- When a user reaches your system and selects the option to transfer to an operator, that is when you would use the Place Call step to transfer the call to your phone line.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator