Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:05 pm 

I want to generate a random file number everytime the user selects an item and I designed Teleflow so that the user has to pass through a random number step each time he begins a new selection. However, TF failed to generate a new random number for each passing call and included items from several callers into a single text file (the title/name of this text file is generated by the random step). This suggests that only one number was generated and data from several callers were appended to the same file created by this random step. <br> <br>My steps are as follows: <br>Start <br>Random number icon defined @RANDOM=0000000 to 9999999 <br>Set Global variable @FILE=@RANDOM <br>FINISH <br> <br>Everytime a call comes in, it passed through this step first before going through the rest of the flow. User will be looped back to this step if he wishes to continue. <br> <br>Please tell me how I can make each number unique. <br> <br>Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:35 pm 

Does the file need to have a random number, or just a unique name? <br> <br>Since random is likely to - eventually, at least - recreate the same numbers, I don't believe it is what you are looking for. <br> <br>I would suggest that you use the following to create a truly unique filename: <br> <br>The date (use TeleFlow system variable @DATE, and strip out all of the '/' characters from it), the time (@TIME, without the ':' characters), and the telephony port. (@PORT) <br> <br>Put those together in a filename, and it will be unique. (As you can only have 1 call on a single port at a particular date and time). <br> <br>NOTE: In the TeleFlow application TAP screen (the first screen you see when opening you Teleflow application), open the steps toolbox, and move to the 'Templates' tab. Add the "FindAndRemoveString" flowchart to your application, and use it to strip out the unwanted characters from @DATE and @TIME. You will need to create new variables to populate @DATE and @TIME to in order to use this flowchart, since the system variables are read only. FindAndRemoveString needs variables it can modify.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:12 am 

Hi Chris <br> <br>Thanks for the quick response and advice. The unique name was exactly what we needed. <br> <br>We also need to do a "http post" request to our web sever once we get this unique name. Can you tell me how can I do a http post request with TF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

TeleFlow does not currently support http post. The "Load Web Document" step does exactly what its name suggests: it loads a document from a web source, ie: does an http get. <br> <br>If the ability to post is critical to your application, you can request a customization to TeleFlow through our sales department: sales@engenic.com or 1-888-ENGENIC (1-888-346-3462). <br> <br>Aside from that, a possible work around could be to copy the file to a UNC path, or run an external program using the "Run Program" step.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator