Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator

Post subject: Fine Tuning the Teleflow
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 am 

Thanks for all your help and every thing is going very very well.
I am fine tuning the application and I got Three questions and I greatly appreciate your response.

Question 1:
In configuration setting we picked Dialogic ISDN as the Telephony hardware.
When ever we restart the server the Teleflow is not picking the phone call.
We are doing the following steps to make it work.
1. Change this option to Dialogic and restart the Teleflow server.
2. Change the option back to Dialogic ISDN and restart the Teleflow server.
I am afraid if the Network team restart the server, this system will be down.
Please advice. Please see the attached PIC. for more details.
Question 2:
When taking input as Get TT String
I am giving
Allowable touch tones as "1234567890" with no quotes
Touch tone to terminate as "#" with no quotes.
Termination with "#" is working fine but it also terminates with "*". I want to avoid this termination with *. Please see the attached PIC. for more details and please advice.
Question 3:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question.
We bought TTS License for Neo Speech from Engenic. Shauna and Bobbi helped us in buying this.
The voice files are related to Julie and read as VT_Julie_M08_350_Master_FileIO etc.....
The TTS part is working fine.
Now customer is asking if we can change the voice to a male voice like
Paul.
. Can you please explain what is involved for this change?

Thanks in advance
Venkat

Attachments:
Telefolow.doc [58.5 KB]
Downloaded 697 times

Last edited by venkat123 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Profile YIM 

Post subject: Re: Fine Tuning the Teleflow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 pm 

Re Question 1: TeleFlow Server has a 4-minute pause before it starts after the computer restarts. Have you tried, when starting the server, simply waiting a few minutes before trying to call in?

Re Question 2: We are looking into this, and will get back to you in this thread.

Re Question 3:
- Selecting Paul is not currently supported in TeleFlow, but it could be supported in a future version. Presently, I can't tell you when this might be available.
- Note that Julie is the most natural sounding English voice. I would suggest that you ask your customer to try Paul, and compare how he sounds with Julie, so your customer knows how Paul would sound if this option was pursued.
- As for licensing/adding Paul, you should contact/work with Bobbi-Jo and Shauna again.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Fine Tuning the Teleflow
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:58 am 

Re Question 2: Under Dialogic, digits are either allowable, or are terminating digits. They cannot be neither. (I.e. You cannot leave digits out of both fields and have them ignored)

From our testing, we suspect that what is actually happening isn't that * is terminating, but rather, it is being stored as one of the digit entered. If you wait long enough, the step leaves, so this is why it seems like the * was the termination digit. It actually was considered an allowed digit because it WASN'T a termination digit.

I would recommend making * a termination digit in addition to #. This should be harmless, because either the caller isn't going to press *, or they are, and if they didn't successfully enter what you asked them to, you prompt them again anyway. They shouldn't be surprised that their input was invalid if they used an invalid key during the input. Alternatively, leave the system as it is, and have data validation sort things out. (If you are gathering a number from the caller, for example, use a Compare to see if the string collected is a valid number. If it is a user id or account number, have a comparison against the stored value, etc)

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Designer & Simulator