Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Server & Monitor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:44 am 

We have a AG2000 board installed and everything seems to be working fine, i.e no board error etc. We tested Teleflow using the sample Answering Machine module but TF failed to pick up any incoming calls. We checked the TF log and everything seems fine, no error, etc. <br> <br>FYI, we've tried Wnk0 and Wnk1 in linelist and loaded the TCP accordingly but without luck. When we used Ips0, TF Monitor went all red although we loaded the TCP during oamsys. <br> <br>Please advice on what could be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:52 am 

You will need to use lps0, as this is the protocol required for standard analog lines. <br> <br>You should go back to lps0, restart the computer, restart TeleFlow, and see what happens. If everything is red in the monitor, review the TeleFlow log output for errors.(the logs will be in whatever directory you have set in TeleFlow Config) The errors in the log should give you an idea of what the problem is.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:07 pm 

As you predicted, I've used lps0 and monitor is showing red. The log shows ERROR: Failed to retrieve ADI_LPS_PARMS. CTAERR_NOT_FOUND. <br> <br>I ran oaminfo and it showed lps0.tcp and wnk0.tcp was loaded. When I ran a ctatest, I can specify the wnk0 protocol but not lps0. It too returned CTAERR_NOT_Found. Do I need to declare any extra parameters in the cfg file? Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:37 am 

I reinstalled Natural Access and specify USA as the target country. With this setup, I am able to invoke the lps0 protocol and Monitor is showing all green now. <br> <br>However, TF server is still unable to detect incoming calls. Has it got something to do with the phone lines? I've tried pluging a 2 wire RJ11 directly into the port and it didn't work. Please advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:22 am 
Site Admin

Who is providing your phone lines? Do they come from a telco or your PBX? <br>Connect your 2-wire RJ11 jack into a plain-old-telephone, like the one you'd have on a home line. Its important to connect the phone at the same point as the AG2000 card, ie: using the same jack & cable that you want to use for the AG2000 card. Call that line and see if your phone rings. If it does not, you have a problem with your phone lines.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:39 pm 

The line I'm using is from the telco, directly connected to the wall socket. I use this line daily for testing; it works on any phone and even with VOIP gateways. So I'm stucked. <br> <br>Could it be the cfg file? Do you have any working AG2000/400 configuration files I can use? Does it matter if I can the target country to USA cos we're running the test in Taiwan. When I ran oaminfo and boardinf, everything checks out with no error. TF logs also showed no error. TF is just not picking up calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:20 am 
Site Admin

If you're running your test in Taiwan, you ought to set your target country to Taiwan - if that option is available on NMS hardware. <br> <br>Please clarify: when you say the TF logs show no error, do you mean before or after you call the line? TeleFlow will error if your using 'lps0' protocol, and you've requested to receive Caller ID (ANI) and you don't have your NMS card configured to load the DSP file ADSIR.M54. Please call the line, and verify that TeleFlow does not error when the line rings. <br> <br>What version of Natural Access are you running? TeleFlow will work with all versions up to 2003-1. It does not yet support 2004-1. <br> <br>Lastly, consult the NMS "AG 2000 Installation and Developer's Manual" to run a program called CTATEST. The instructions are in the manual. You should be able to get CTATEST to report a ring event when a call is put through to the line.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:20 pm 

Here's a clearer explaination: <br> <br>If I set the target country to Taiwan, I cannot load the lps0 protocol although it's been declared in the cfg file. Strange thing is when I ran oaminfo, it shows lps0 as loaded but when I ran sp using ctatest it says CTAERR. Hence, if I use Taiwan as the target country, TF Monitor shows all red with the same CTAERR msg in TF log. <br> <br>If I use USA as the target country, I can load lps0 successfully and TF Monitor showed all green. When I say TF log shows no error, it was before any call was answered. However, when I make a call to this port, TF didn't pick up the call. Nothing seemed to happen. <br> <br>With CTATEST, it's the same. First, I cannot load lps0 if I use Taiwan as the target country. Then if I use USA and loaded lps0, I tried to place call and it returned with a no dialtone error. <br> <br>I'm using NA2003-1 and the card I've got is a AG2000/400 8L and not the BRI version - I confirmed this with NMS. Hence I'm lost as to what could be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:35 am 

Does anyone have any suggestion? I've been trying to get answers from NMS directly but couldn't get hold of anyone useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

If you cannot load the lps0 trunk control program with the target country set to Taiwan, then that protocol is not supported by NMS (at least not the variant you need for Taiwan). I suggest you try 'wnk0' or 'wnk1'. Try one, and if it doesn't work try the other.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Server & Monitor