Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Server & Monitor

Post subject: How to replace old teleflow program with a new one
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:34 pm 

We have developed a new teleflow application and have an old one running on the server. We would like to replace the old application with the new one. However, we are not sure how to go about it. You help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Santosh

Post subject: Re: How to replace old teleflow program with a new one
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05 pm 

Hello Santosh,

A TeleFlow application consists of:
1) The TeleFlow Application (.TAP) file.
2) The flowchart (.TAM) files.
3) The voice and fax database (Voice.* and Fax.*).
4) Voice/audio files.
5) Any additional files your application might reference.

So, what I usually do is:
1) Back up my original system directly on the IVR, so I can put it back live easily if something should go wrong.
(Eg. If you have a directory with your TeleFlow application like "C:\IVR", copy it to "C:\IVR_Backup".)
2) To set up your new directory, you might also create a copy, then overwrite it. (Eg. Copy "C:\IVR" to "C:\IVR_New", then, copy in your new .TAP file, .Tam files, and other required files, overwriting the older files with the new files)
3) When you are ready to set the new system live, follow these steps (these steps assume you have C:\IVR directories, per the examples above):
a) Use TeleFlow Monitor to perform a "Shutdown all Normal"
b) Stop TFServer service.
c) Rename "C:\IVR" to "C:\IVR_Old".
d) Rename "C:\IVR_New" to "C:\IVR".
e) Start TFServer service
f) Start calling the system to test that everything works as expected. If it doesn't, you can be the judge of whether to fix it quickly while it is still running, or to roll back to your older application.

If you are completely replacing the existing IVR with an entirely new application that has been tested through with the TeleFlow Simulator, you might instead consider moving the new application into its own directory, creating a TAL file that runs the new application, set the new TAL to run in TFConfig, and then you can shutdown and restart TeleFlow Server to test. You could do this during a quiet time on the system so that you impact your callers as little as possible, and so you can roll back to the old TAL for the old IVR if there are problems. If you are using analog lines, you could set your TAL file to run your new application on just one of the lines (the last in your hunt group), so you can do your testing by calling that one line directly without worrying about impacting your callers.

Obviously, I don't know all the details of your application, or how it is set up. You need to consider all aspects of your application for such an install, and how it will be impacted. I have simply outlined some of the basics of updating your TeleFlow application. (Because installs do impact your live system, it can be very helpful to have a staging or test server to test your installation procedure on, so you know it will go as smooth as possible.)

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Server & Monitor