Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Development Tools

Post subject: Application development needed
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:48 pm 

I'm a freelance journalist interested in covering this telephony development in some articles to benefit my meagre survival. My editor wants me to cover phone answering voicemail software. So I go on the usual hunt and come up with the usual names including FaxTalk Messenger Pro; looking like a hybrid between WinFax Pro with BVRP Smartcom Message Centre Pro, and then I find TeleFlow / IVR which appears to be very elegant.

If any of you guys here would be interested in developing some simple applications for me and helping me [at a reasonable fee of course!] let me know!

I want to show my readers some working model they could actually follow by doing it with the hand-hold walk through, or alternatively with explanations how or why certain things are done, in order to break the ice a little.

I am proposing to write about a simple example of multi-mailbox home system to provide those readers with a relationship as to what TeleFlow might usefully do for them. Providing readers with something of interest is a full featured voice server in their own homes.

I guess I ought to map my little "system" out on paper first! I like labels so please forgive me if I create a label batch file.

I also feel there could me more useful example apps which are actually defaulted already for the user so when they look at it will bring better understanding to learn about such a powerful product.

For example, in our house with three girls and a boy they each want their own mailboxes and the girls want more than one each for their different friends! We can't get all that on our phone service

My problem is I havent the possibility at this time to sit down and spend a lot of time learning it.

It is a matter of becoming familiar with the names of functions. In some places Teleflow describes some functions or features inconsistently which caused me a bit of confusion! However I thought already there is a slight confusion going on, especially when one reaches this from a site called IVR. But that's no problem once one overcomes the name change and standardises the references to features tools etc, which are not completely settled. The Four part description is a better way of presenting this, as you have done.

The disconnect for me is coming into a product that doesn't give me much feel as I walk through, so on look and feel, look is excellent. But I cannot get a feel for the developer. web help feels empty. It would be nice to have an animated walk through where the lady describes how she is grabbing components and connecting them together to form an app.

Finally, once an application is finished does the modem just answer the call in voice mode and call the relevant flowcharts?

This looks like it will be a very fine product. For reasonable rate or job price I may be interested in working with anyone here who can provide the services I need, such as a holding hand or a worked solution, before I get to discover TeleFlow fully for myself. Perhaps I will be in a different situation one day when I can see the guts of the scripts that I need.

Website is very attractive, but doesn't follow through giving the sense of continuity and connectivity

The website gives one a strong feeling of attraction to the product, but what happens next didn't give the feeling of connection. I feel it would be much better if it were seamless demo from web to this site, and think it would be beneficial to have an animated character walk-through picking functions placing them, defining what is in them and showing how that app comes together so easily.

For this thing is undoubtedly a powerful beast, but it feels, as does so often, that the most brilliant in our midst such as the people who create a fantastic product like this, often find it extremely difficult at seeing things from user aesthetic point of view.

When we have product in our lab to test, one thing that is very important whether physical or software we first like to get a feel for how it handles. Also when one is immersed in developing applications, one can simply fail to think of a user USP.

I'd like to get this on a cover disk if the powers that be would care to clear my suggestion in writing so I can propose the software be a really great deal to my editors

Anyone here who'd like to offer me a one-line opinion of the product, which I may use in my article but no personal information will be used.. Please state just your initials and the town or city where you live, is all we want to know!

Thank you very much everyone.
Rik

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Development Tools