Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Development Tools

Post subject: Read teleflow in VB6 and apply it into my app
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:58 am 

Dear Seniors,

I am very new with this, My Boss asks me to develop an IVR application using VB6 or VB.NET.. I found teleflow and interested to learn it .. my 1st question is: is it possible to read teleflow design file and implement it into my VB6 or VB.NET application?..

please advise

thanks & regars

Post subject: Re: Read teleflow in VB6 and apply it into my app
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:53 am 

It may be possible for you to do so, but this would be akin to reinventing the wheel. TeleFlow Server (which is open source) is written in C++. TeleFlow Designer, which creates the files TeleFlow Server runs is a closed source application. The files it creates can be saved to XML(TeleFlow will soon be using these XML files entirely instead of the current TAP/TAM files).

A suggestion that will both allow you to use VB to do a great deal of the work, without having to build an entire IVR solution from scratch, would be to develop using TeleFlow, but have all the data/logix decisions primarily within VB.

You can develop a TeleFlow application that uses TeleFlow TCP or http steps to communicate with any other service you wish. In this case, you could send/receive XML messages between the TeleFlow application and your VB application. VB can provide the data that drives the IVR, and your TeleFlow application can use these data to determine what files to play, which paths to follow, what data to collect from the caller, etc.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:14 am 

So you meant, my vb6 app should read the flow from .xml file that has been produced by teleflow?

please advise

thanks & regards
Winanjaya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:10 pm 

Actually, I was essentially suggesting you write the application in TeleFlow Designer, and use TeleFlow Server to run it.

Attempting to write a VB6 app to read the xml file and run it would be attempting to recreate TeleFlow Server in VB. TFServer has taken 16 years to develop. I suspect you aren't looking to set out on a recreation of an already existing, full-featured, mature product like TeleFlow.

If you do wish to have VB play a role in your IVR application, TeleFlow has numerous tools for interfacing with other programs and services to exchange information.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:17 am 

Ok, thanks, I would develop a simple teleflow for trial now.. from where should I start? .. what developer tools should I use? .. any reference? ..

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 am 

Download TeleFlow from here and install it in your development computer: TeleFlow.org Downloads

You can use TeleFlow Simulator to test your applications without a telephony card, but you will ultimately need hardware. (Actually, TeleFlow HMP is in Beta, so you could use HMP with VoIP/SIP. This requires HMP/SIP licenses, but not a telephony card)

I recommend you start here: Getting Started in TeleFlow

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Development Tools