Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Developers

Post subject: Does Hype Still exist ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:05 am 

Does Teleflow Hype still exist ? - I cannot find any links do download from engenic / teleflow.org websites.

Also I would like to know if Teleflow hype is capable of recording the bidirectional audio signal between an Analogue UK Phone and the UK phone line ( I planned having a telephony card which supported FXS and FXO ?interfaces )

I was planning on using hype as this is only a small project for engineering use and not a full blown exhange solution so thought the free hype license would suit.

Other questions of interest are....

Can you make any ooutgoing calls with Hype ?
Can you forward a call with hype to a second line ?
Will hype allow you to make the phone ring without a active call - i.e for use in playing back call audio through the handset for realistic rating of audio ?

Finally what are the license prices for standard and enterprise as they do not appear on the web ( would be for single computer running at max 4 line telephony card ) but maybe other features are requied which hype does not support ....... ?

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Does Hype Still exist ?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am 
Site Admin

Hype still exists, only in with a different name and form. It is now "Open TeleFlow". The package you want is on the teleflow.org download page, marked "TeleFlow Download 3 - Open Source". Open TeleFlow is available for non-commercial use under the GNU Public License (GPL 3.0).

It does do outbound calls.

You could probably forward a call to a second line. That would depend more on the technology you're deploying your application on. For example, if its an analog phone circuit, then you could make use of a flash-hook transfer.

Quote:
Will hype allow you to make the phone ring without a active call - i.e for use in playing back call audio through the handset for realistic rating of audio?

Teleflow does not have this capability. You'll have to initiate either an in-bound or out-bound call, on a telephone circuit or telephone line simulator.

Quote:
Also I would like to know if Teleflow hype is capable of recording the bidirectional audio signal between an Analogue UK Phone and the UK phone line ( I planned having a telephony card which supported FXS and FXO ?interfaces )

It can, yes, but you also need the Call Capture product. Please refer to this thread for more information:
http://www.teleflow.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488

For license prices, etc. please contact sales@engenic.com.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Developers