Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Installation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:10 pm 

Started Teleflow; Selected templet; Started simulator; got error message: <br> <br>"TFSimulator.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." <br> <br>First loaded on WINXP - got error; Then loaded onto 2nd machine running WIN2K - got same error. <br> <br>Downloaded the application twice and downloaded update once. error not corrected.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:27 pm 

Which template was it? Did you save the template before running the Simulator, or did you select the template, and immediately start the Simulator? <br> <br>Have you tried more than one of the templates, and if not, try a different one. Can you get different results by doing so?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:41 am 

*Which template? Home Answer Machine <br>*Did you save the template before running the Simulator? No <br>*Did you select the template and immediately start the Simulator? Yes <br> <br>*Tried saving Home Answer Machine before running Simulator - got same error message. <br>*Tried Simulator without going through Teleflow - got same error when tried to open saved templet. <br> <br>Thanks for the support. I hope we can resolve this error problem.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:27 am 

Please search the drive you installed TeleFlow on for TFSimulator.log. In the directory you find this file, you will also locate a file called TFServer.log. <br> <br>Send both of these files to support@engenic.com, with a subject of "DEVNET: Program Error after initial installation" <br> <br>A response will be posted in this thread.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:57 am 

Chris, I asked bill to build a simple application starting with a blank template. I gave him instructions step by step and he got the same error: <br>Started simulator <br>TFSimulator window opens <br>Using File\Open to open saved application - "Error Test.TAP"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:00 pm 

Please try the following: <br> <br>From the Windows Desktop, go to: Start >> Programs >> TeleFlow >> TeleFlow Simulator >> Click "File" >> Select "Set Log Directory" >> Set it to a directory you know exists. Shut down TeleFlow Simulator. <br> <br>Then, try running one of the sample applications that previously gave you the error. You will likely get the error again, but the log files I requested before should actually exist (in the directory you specified above). <br> <br>Send both of these files to support@engenic.com, with a subject of "DEVNET: Program Error after initial installation" <br> <br>A response will be posted in this thread.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:38 pm 

On XP Machine <br> Loaded "E:\APPS\TELEFLOW2004" <br> as the directory. <br> <br>The simulator now works!!!! <br> <br>I tried the test from Pascual, ran LOTTO and Family Answering Machine. <br>They all worked.... <br> <br>Next question... <br> Where is the best directory to <br> place the logs? <br> <br>Thanks for the support.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:39 pm 

As you requested, the logs are being sent... <br> <br>Again, thanks for the support...

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:31 pm 

There is no perfect place for the logs. Wherever you want to find them if and when you need to review them will do. C:\Program Files\TeleFlow\Log is where I set the Simulator log directory for my testing, but any directory that exists will do. <br> <br>So, Simulator errored out every time you used it, then you set a log directory, and it started working. Is this correct?

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : TeleFlow Installation