Board index : TeleFlow Forums : NMS Communication Boards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:29 pm 

I am using an AG4000 board, NMS 2005 SP2 drivers, with Teleflow 2006 (downloaded on 2006-09-14. <br> <br>Answering calls is happenning slowy - I belive this is because the DNIS information is not arriving (the @DNIS variable in call logs consistently shows the single digit 3). <br> <br>Is there a way I can configure the NMS board/Teleflow to ignore the DNIS information arrival so it will pick-up immediately?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm... this does not make any sense. You should be at receiving least 3 digits at the start of the call. Otherwise, there is not enough information to determine the dialed number (DNIS), and therefore what service to answer with. Some questions come to mind... <br> <br>Do you know how many digits your service provider is configured to send to you? <br> <br>Can you scan forward in the log and see if any other digits show up in your application? <br> <br>What is the exact TeleFlow build number? You should be able to find it at the top of any TeleFlow log, or the most recent TFServer*.log file. <br> <br>If you were to disable the DNIS retrieval on the TeleFlow side, you'd end up with a touch-tone 3 showing up in your application. I guess you could trap if, but I personally do not think this is a desired solution. If the circuit is truly sending you a single digit DNIS, then you would want to set the number of digits received to 1.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:55 am 

OK -- it looks like we are only getting one digit of DNIS information (I put a Get TT step - 5 second time - straight after the wait for call and it got nothing, and only the single digit 3 was put in my @DNIS variable configured in the "Wait for Call" step). <br> <br>The Teleflow version number is "enGenic TeleFlow: Build 2006.0912" <br> <br>Would an option be to disable the get DNIS information and have a "Clear TT" step before my Teleflow application executes its first "Get TT" step? This would also cover if the provider gave more than one DNIS digit.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

The build you have is hard-coded to expect 4 digits of DNIS. Your fastest route to a solution here is to get the service provider to send you 4 digits. One digit is just plain weird, and I can't imagine why they would do that. It sounds like a mistake on their part to me. <br> <br>Long term, I want to give you the opportunity to set your own # of digits. I don't know if we will be able to disable DNIS collection, but we will look into that as well. I can't provide a date at this point in time, but I can assure you someone will look at this next week. <br> <br>In this case, disabling the DNIS is probably not the best solution. If you can't get the provider to change their digit sending, then you should set your expected number of digits to 1. You will of course, need a TeleFlow update from us first.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : NMS Communication Boards