Board index : TeleFlow Forums : NMS Communication Boards

Post subject: Formal documentation about 2B-Transfers on NMS boards
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:55 am 

I'm having an issue with my customer's telephony provider about 2B-Transfers over an ISDN line with the NI2 protocol variant.

They have a Meridian PBX with a T1 PRI to the IVR server. I can answer the incoming calls and perform outgoing calls. I can even perform channel switching to establish "transfers" (conference calls, actually) and they work just fine.

However our customer really wants the 2B-Transfer functionality, so as to leave as much channels as possible for incoming calls, considering the call volume they have.

Currently, their T1 is divided as 12 channels for incoming calls, 11 for outgoing/switching and just 1 for outbound faxes (on demand).

They need to leave at least 17 channels for incoming calls, 3 for 2B-Transfers and 3 (at most) for outbound faxes.

I had been explaining the 2B-Transfer mechanism for almost 2 years now, but they seem to not understand it... I'm almost sure they don't support it, but our customer insists it's the exact way the call transfers should work, so I've been trying to pursue it...

The telephony provider just handed me the Meridian's transfer mechanism (attached PDF) which to me seems more like a channel-release mechanism after a transfer is made. Please, read it and tell me if this is familiar to you.

At this point I'm willing to handle my customer a formal spec about 2B-Transfers (tech requirements, pre-requisits, mode of operation/invocation involving the CRVs, expected results after invocation, etc.), but I don't have any... Do you?

My intention is to give this to our customer so they can handle it to their telephony providers, so they can start to search for a similar mechanism on their Nortel/Meridian documentation... They may even know about it by other name!

I appreciate any formal documentation about 2B-Transfers you may have.

Attachments:
Meridian's TAT.pdf [17.58 KB]
Downloaded 1062 times

Post subject: Re: Formal documentation about 2B-Transfers on NMS boards
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

This is the document you want:

Telcordia GR-2865-CORE
    Generic Requirements for ISDN PRI Two B-Channel Transfer

It is available from Telcordia (http://telecom-info.telcordia.com/site-cgi/ido/docs.cgi?ID=SEARCH&DOCUMENT=GR-2865&) for the paltry sum of $785.00 US :shock: . However, your client's telco should have access to that information.

According to "NMS ISDN Supplementary Services Developer's Manual" makes reference that document. I've attached an excerpt from their manual. Mostly, this feature is known by these names:

TBCT
    Two B-Channel Transfer
    2B Transfer

And in Nortel-speak:
Quote:
RLT. A proprietary version of TBCT on a Nortel proprietary PRI (NTNA). The RLT feature is provided to Avaya Interactive Response only by the Nortel DMS100 switch.

RLT is either Release Line Trunk or Release Link Trunk, depending on who you ask. Oddly enough, I found that on Avaya's website:
http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/conv ... 0312_1.pdf

Notice that Nortel's implementation is proprietary, which does not leave me optimistic that it will work with NMS's standard implementation.

Good luck with the telco. Please post back and let the community know what happened.

Attachments:
NMS ISDN Supplementary Services Developers Manual - Page 15.pdf [30.6 KB]
Downloaded 1078 times
 Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

I just edited to change the Telcordia link to the actual document itself.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: demande
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 am 

aider moi pour réaliser une plateforme ivr pour mon mémoire de fin d'étude
jai travailler sur un carte nms ag 4000
donner moi des document sur cette carte en français (AG 4000
Installation and Developer's Manual) et (Natural Access Developer's
Reference Manual) en français sil vous plais.
mail: ibelgroun@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

Nous ne pouvons pas fournir les manuels SMN pour vous. Vous devez contacter Dialogic. Essayez http://www.dialogic.com. TeleFlow.org est pour les utilisateurs et les développeurs de notre produit TeleFlow.

--
Translated by Google translate.
Traduit par Google translate.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : NMS Communication Boards