Board index : TeleFlow Forums : NMS Communication Boards

Post subject: ag2000 port splitters
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:17 am 

I have the ag2000 board with 4 physical ports on the back. It is supposed to support 8 lines so I'm assuming there is some type of splitter used to make each physical port be 2 available ports.

What type of splitter is that? What name should I look for?

Thanks,

Matt

Post subject: Re: ag2000 port splitters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

The connectors on the back of the AG 2000 board are RJ-14x jacks - more commonly known as a standard household telephone jack. Analog telephone cables typically have 4 wires inside and are capable of carrying two telephone lines. The best way to achieve what you want is to request 2-line jacks when you order your telephone service.

Make sure that the cables you buy have 4 wires in them. Cheaper cables, particularly those that come with cheap analog phones, have only two wires in them. It's easy to tell. Look at the male RJ-14 connector on the cable. If it has two little copper tabs, then it only has two wires. If it has four copper tabs, it has four wires and will carry two telephone lines.

If you need splitters, you can get them at most hardware, office supply, pharmacy, or dollar stores. Try an Internet image search for "RJ-14 splitters" and you'll see what they look like. Be sure to read the label when buying. Splitters and duplicators often look the same.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : NMS Communication Boards