Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Dialogic/Intel Boards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:11 am 

It seems that quite often I will get a strange background noise on my Dialogic card when I call in and use the application. It does not show up in simulation and does not even always show up on the card. <br> <br>I know it has to do with the card because I do not get the noise on any other phone that I have used. I was not sure if this is something with the wav/vox conversion or if I need to check out issues with the hardware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:47 am 

Here are two things you should try, as they are two of the most likely problems: <br> <br>1) Locate one (or more) of the files that are playing when you hear the line noise, and re-record them. Be sure that the (new) original WAV recording is a good, clean audio file. (Clear, without any unusual background noise or anything) Then, reconvert your files to Dialogic VOX files, put the files in place, and try several calls to see if the "line noise" is still there during those recordings. <br> <br>2) Make absolutely sure the lines are not at fault. To do this, disconnect a line that know has this problem from the back of the Dialogic card, and plug it into a regular telephone (not a fancy office hybrid phone, but plain phone, like you would use at home). Then, place calls to it or from it, and be sure someone answers at the other end. Have a short conversation to determine if there is any noise issue. (you should do several calls, to be certain that the noise issue has a reasonable chance to surface)

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Dialogic/Intel Boards