Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Dialogic/Intel Boards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:26 pm 

While running my TeleFlow application, I would like to call in, then enter a special code for setting up the system for receiving a file, then receive the file through the D4PCI card, then run an EXE, and then resume normal TeleFlow processing. <br> <br>In other words, how can TeleFlow receive and store a file while running? <br> <br>As you might have guessed, this will provide for sending application updates to remote computers.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:43 pm 

I gather that be receive a file... you are connected to the internet. If so, please read up on the HTTP step. Also, refer to UPD and TCP steps. You might also consider creating a stand along application that processes files, and then puts them into a database. There are many ways to approach this effort. <br> <br>If you want to receive a file via the telephone line.... that would be interesting. I dont recommend it, but you *could* do it using touch tones.... we have done it before for short files. Three touch tones combine to become a single character. After that, you would have to do check sums. Consider the design carefully before implementing.

Profile WWW 

Board index : TeleFlow Forums : Dialogic/Intel Boards